Sunday, December 15, 2013

You know you are over the hill when...

This morning church didn't start until 9 o'clock which gave us a bit longer than usual to have breakfast and get ready for our 60 km trip into town. I was feeling pretty happy that we were going to be early (a rare thing I'm sorry to admit).

Today was special because the Sunday School conducted the whole service and the children did one of the most entertaining Christmas pantomimes that we have ever seen. We got home in time for Mr Sunshine to attend a six year old's birthday party. You can't say 'no' to special invitations like that from your adoring public year one students.

All in all I thought things had been coasting along pretty well until Mr Sunshine asked me if I noticed anything different about him. I looked carefully at his face, but no, he hadn't forgotten to shave or plucked his eyebrows. He suggested I look lower. I was expecting a busted fly zipper or a food stain down his shirt. Suddenly I saw IT and it was nothing like what I was expecting. I couldn't stop laughing. As far as we know, no one at church even noticed. I didn't and my handbag was on the floor next to his feet. I'm wondering who will be more embarrassed -- Mr Sunshine or his children.

 
This is what happens when you are over the hill. Mr Sunshine turned 60 only two weeks ago. It doesn't take long for the rot to set in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Granny's tunes

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Followers

About Me

My photo
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map