Friday, April 10, 2009

Grace

I've been helping to plan the Lutheran Women's Retreat for the northern zone and I promised to come up with a suitable image for our theme this year - "Grace Guaranteed". The preliminary sketch I did was received with enthusiasm which was great. My problem is that I often think that things are going to be easier than they turn out to be. I have delusions about my capabilities. This was one of those times.

I came home, sat in front of the computer, turned on photoshop and soon realised that, really I didn't have much of an idea of where to start. Not a clue. I knew how I wanted it to look. I knew photoshop could do it. I just didn't have any idea how to make it do it. A few hours later and with a trial and error learning curve I came up with the logo displayed above. It looks very simple and I'm sure it would have been very simple for many people to create, but I'm ridiculously pleased with it.

So I decided to share it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I like it:)

    You do know that a certain graphic designer (who may or may not be called DC on our blog) we know is too kind to say no to a cry for help like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who struggles with Photoshop, I think it's wonderful!
    And the message ain't bad either.

    ReplyDelete

Granny's tunes

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Followers

About Me

My photo
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map