Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Misunderstood

Not me.
This beautiful fellow.
Can you see him at the bottom of the fence? He was about 1.5 meters long.
Many people think every snake is a bad snake.  I like to give them the benefit of the doubt when it is safe to do so.  I believe this is a harmless green tree snake. I tried to get closer to be sure, but he disappeared in the blink of an eye.  I didn't even see which way he went.
Some people call them yellow-bellied black snakes and think they are poisonous like red-bellied black snakes, but there is no such creature in Australia as a yellow-bellied black snake - just the poor misunderstood tree snake.
I was fortunate enough to be looking out of the kitchen window when I spotted him.
He made my day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Granny's tunes

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Followers

About Me

My photo
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map