Thursday, July 28, 2011

Promise of good things to come

The mango trees are covered in blossom and already have hundreds of tiny fruit.  Many of the fruitlets (is that a word?) will fall off or be blown off by the wind.  Last year all of the fruit fell before it matured.  It was the worst year ever for mango growers. So far this season looks very promising.
My favourite way of eating mango is after they have been dehydrated. I have a food dryer and I'm planning to have it go into mass production this summer :-) I may share the produce with friends and family. That is after I put aside several truckloads for myself.  I told you I really do like dried mango.
Speaking of the promise of good things to come, I took this photo of a path down to the sea yesterday.  I love the "light at the end of the tunnel" atmosphere. I was hoping to get a nice sunset photo. Mostly cloudless skies are not producing the best sunsets, but I'm glad I snapped this one.
Even though the sunsets may not be as spectacular as I hope for, I've included the last photo so that you know they are not rubbish either.
Maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is a good omen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Granny's tunes

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Followers

About Me

My photo
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map