I know the title is a little clichéd, but the trouble is that the tune of "So this is Christmas" has been buzzing around in my head all day as ear worms do and maybe the only way to get rid of it is to write about it. Some of the problem is that I think I'm suffering from several seasonal diseases/syndromes.
There's the Christmas-anticlimax-syndrome because it is the day after the big day and all of the mad rushing and shopping and stressing is suddenly over. The Christmas-anticlimax-syndrome usually goes hand in hand with the I-shouldn't-have-eaten-so-much-syndrome.
Then there is the avoiding-all-the-work-that-I-should-be-doing-syndrome. Having had so much to do and been so busy for weeks, now is the chance to catch up in the garden and house, but I really don't feel like it. If I was an athlete I'd say I "hit the wall". Maybe I hit the mental wall? I might have the balk-at-having-so-much-to-catch-up-on variety of this disease.
Of course, this being a regular steamy hot North Queensland Summer day, I'm also suffering from the heat-has-sapped-my-energy syndrome.
Oh well, I think I'd better get started on something. . . right after I go and have a nice cold drink with Mr Sunshine out on the patio in the shade.
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (26)
- ► 2009 (84)
- A little bit tropical
- And so that was Christmas. . . the day after
- Merry Christmas to everyone out in blogland! I ho...
- A little bent
- Motherhood guilt at Christmas.
- Oooooh Christmas Tree
- No gift in here either.
- The fun was definitely in the unwrapping, not the ...
- Baby food?
- Jerk-ishness is its own punishment.
- Beautiful Tassy
- Confessions of a fat baby
- Kreativ Blogger award
- What's the buzz?
- ▼ December (14)
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.