Sunday, December 28, 2008

A little bit tropical

It's been a bit warm. The temperature hovers around 35 degrees centigrade. That's 95 in old money. The humidity has been from 65% up to 77% and Mr Sunshine and I have stayed inside with the air conditioner on as much as possible. Outside the clouds are gathering and it looks like we might get the promised storm. Our mountains have disappeared behind a bank of low clouds.










Not much to blog about so I went out with my camera to catch a bit of the tropics in my garden.


If you are in a cold place. I hope this glimpse of the tropics makes you feel a little warmer. Right now I think it would be great to feel a little cooler so I'll browse some of those northern hemisphere blogs and see if that helps.


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!
    You're a great photographer!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tropical plants, and I miss my frangipani from our old house on the coast. I imagine they grow much bigger in the tropics than around Sydney, and they don't grow at all in the Southern Tablelands (that I've seen anyway!)

    ReplyDelete

Granny's tunes

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Mr. Sunshine & Grannysaurus

Followers

About Me

My photo
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map