Twelve months ago Mr Sunshine and I spent about 5 weeks in Tasmania. It was his first time in the "Apple Isle" but I had been there before. It is where my Dad was born and where family history goes back to the 1860's and maybe a bit longer. That is a pretty long time by Australian standards unless you are aboriginal.
We had hoped to return there in 2009 for the whole year. Mr Sunshine is a teacher and short term teaching contracts would have kept bread on the table. Meanwhile we would have spent every spare minute hiking, driving, photographing and just enjoying as much of the island as was humanly possible.
Alas, it is not to be. Not in 2009 at least. Last July we bought a business. It is a pretty good business and we are mostly in the black, not the red, but it has tied us to North Queensland for the present time. I would have missed the grandkids a lot if we had been away anyway.
In lieu of our escape to greener and cooler Tassy I decided to post some photos from our last holiday there in order to have a little virtual holiday.
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (26)
- ► 2009 (84)
- A little bit tropical
- And so that was Christmas. . . the day after
- Merry Christmas to everyone out in blogland! I ho...
- A little bent
- Motherhood guilt at Christmas.
- Oooooh Christmas Tree
- No gift in here either.
- The fun was definitely in the unwrapping, not the ...
- Baby food?
- Jerk-ishness is its own punishment.
- Beautiful Tassy
- Confessions of a fat baby
- Kreativ Blogger award
- What's the buzz?
- ▼ December (14)
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.