This photo is a little dated. It was taken in May 2007. That is 2 y.o. Dragon McTavish in Mr Sunshine's right arm and 4 y.o. Lion McTavish on his left side. They have grown a bit since then. It is just so cute I had to post it even though very belatedly.
Mr Sunshine has worn the same brand and style of shoes for about 30 years. They are Dunlop's (almost legendary) KT-26. Dunlop's website says they have sold about 5 million pairs. I think Mr Sunshine must have bought 1 million of those over the years. Maybe I exaggerate, but only a little. When Mummy McTavish found that you could get little kids KT 26's, Lion had to have a pair. He has grown out of them now and Dragon wears them sometimes. But he was very proud of his "Grandad shoes" and so we took this picture for posterity. Another 10 years and I'm sure he won't be so keen to wear the same anything as Grandad. That will make this photo all the more special (to us, but maybe not to him ;).
Oh, and they are sitting in the back of Grandad's ute ("ute" - short for utility; translation for USA readers: pick-up). The boys are soooo impressed with Grandad's ute and a favourite pass-time is to simply run around in the back of it - while it is stationary and safely parked in our yard of course. It was Lion's idea that they should pose in the back of Grandad's ute with their Grandad shoes.
They are so cute - even the old one! Well maybe he's only cute to me, but those little fellows would just melt anyone's heart. What a lucky Grannysaurus I am.
My Blog List
- ► 2011 (26)
- The BIG wet
- Laws of life with children
- Bundled Up
- Procrastination pays off
- Dragon calls the shots (click on the collage for a...
- Prison Memoir
- It's still raining
- Just like Grandad
- Cyclone, but not really
- I don't usually worry, but. . .
- I've been tagged, now you have to.
- Sleep-over at Grandma's
- Dung Beetle McTavish
- T-shirt says it all
- ▼ January (15)
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- I have worked as a Biology lab assistant, Pathology lab assistant, geochem lab assistant, land tenure researcher, hospital and prison chaplain, parish care coordinator and part owner of a small business. I have studied some science (no degrees) and have a theology and a chaplaincy certificate. I still love science of all types and enjoy studying theology. Science and theology belong together. At present I am a work-at-home Grannysaurus.